Digestive issues affect around 60-70 million Americans. Symptoms can include gas, bloating, stomach pains, frequent diarrhea or constipation. Have you heard the saying “you are what you eat”? One of the keys to digestive health is to create the right balance of “good” bacteria in your gut. There is a direct link between what we choose to eat and what type of bacteria live in our digestive tract.
In this session you will learn about:
- How to eat to ease digestion.
- The different types of fiber and how to get the right amount each day.
- Which foods promote the right balance of gut flora.
- What is the difference between prebiotics and probiotics.
- What are the benefits from getting probiotics from foods versus supplements.
Instructor: Alisa, Scherban, R.D.