Being Well at Yale’s Wellness Scholarships support its vision to create and sustain a culture, community and environment in which wellness is a core value and measure of excellence. Fostering a healthier work workplace, scholarships offer an opportunity to expand wellness offerings to departments and work areas to better meet the unique needs of Yale’s diverse, geographically spread community.
Through an application process, scholarship dollars are made available to implement department wellness initiatives to support, encourage and expand the healthy behaviors of Yale faculty and staff around physical activity, nutrition, weight management, stress reduction and tobacco cessation. Applications are reviewed by members of the Wellness Leadership Group and approved programs that meet the following criteria are eligible for funding.
- Have at least 5 or more employees who will directly benefit from the program.
- Support at least one of Being Well’s priorities: physical activity, nutrition, weight management, stress reduction and tobacco cessation. (Please note, requests for onsite fitness classes will not be accepted as these programs are coordinated through Payne Whitney Gym).
- Department coordinates the wellness initiative (i.e., scheduling rooms, promotion)
- Discussed and supported by the department or work area’s manager or supervisor.
- Maximum request not to exceed $500, with a maximum allotment of $25 per employee (additional funding may be available for larger departments).
- Department conducts a post-program evaluation to be shared on the Being Well at Yale website and through other university communication platforms as requested.
Only one request can be submitted by a department or work unit each fiscal year. Depending on the number of funding requests, a maximum of 5 departments or work units will be selected each quarter during the fiscal year.
Being Well at Yale with work with the department’s Business Office to distribute the scholarship funds. Initiatives that exclude individuals on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, or are discriminatory in any way are not eligible.
Submitted applications will be reviewed within 14 business days.