The Greater New Haven Heart Walk is going VIRTUAL!
Join us on May 2 for the Heart Walk’s 33rd anniversary!
Due to the unprecedented circumstances concerning Covid-19, this year’s New Haven Heart Walk will be an all-day virtual event on May 2. We are not getting together in person, but going to keep walking and keep supporting the community.
Here is how you can join virtually:
- Register to walk, by joining the Yale Health team!
- Follow the CT Facebook page, Instagram, and Twitter pages.
- Walk in your neighborhood, using social distancing (6 ft apart) and share to social media using the hashtag #NewHavenHeartWalk. You can also post your pictures on the New Haven Heart Walk Facebook event page.
- Cross the virtual finish line strong by rallying your team to use tools in the mobile app and website, asking others to participate and donate to American Heart Association.
- Bring your pet, bring your tunes! Take a walk and have fun while saving lives and raising awareness.
Did you know that 50% of walkers don’t make a donation or fundraise? While the focus is on physical activity and awareness, donations to the American Heart Association are crucial to fight against heart disease and stroke in our community. Every donation makes a difference.
Even just $10 makes it easier for people to find AEDs (Automated External Defibrillator) in public places by covering the cost to place 9 identification stickers, directing people to these devices that can save someone’s life.
If you don’t want to participate, please consider donating here. Every donation counts!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.