Onsite WW workshops are not being held at this time. Members who have purchased the “Digital + Workshop” option, can attend virtual workshops in the community. Starting July 2 at noon a new virtual workshop will begin just for Yale members!
Being Well at Yale is excited to partner with WW (formerly know as Weight Watchers). Active, benefit-eligible Yale Faculty, Staff and Postdoc Associates can take advantage of the WW Freestyle™ program with a subsidy reducing the cost of membership by more than 50% off the regular membership price!
New this year- the WW subsidy is now extended to spouses and domestic partners of active, benefit-eligible Yale Faculty, Staff and Postdoc Associates!
The WW program is founded on a scientifically-based approach to weight management that helps you eat better by following the SmartPoints® system, move more at your own pace, and positively shift your mindset. Its personalized approach focuses on you, not just a number on the scale.
Already a member? Invite a friend- if they join WW, you both receive a free gift!
$20.35/month ($19.11 plus tax)
Eligibility to Receive the Subsidized Pricing
Subsidized pricing is available for active, benefit-eligible Yale Faculty, Staff and Postdoc Associates and their spouses and domestic partners. Because this is a benefit, retirees are not eligible.
How to Enroll
Step 1: Visit the Weight Watchers Registration Portal and select “See Discounted Rates”
Step 2: “Enter your information for your WW Discount” which includes:
- Yale’s Employer ID: 14208553
- Select- This membership is for “employee.”
- 8 Digit University Person Identifier (UPI) found on the front of your ID badge
- Yale’s Employer ID: 14208553
- Select- This membership is for “spouse.”
- The Yale employee’s UPI number found on the front of their Yale ID badge plus the letter “S” (for example: 12345678S)
NOTE: If your spouse or domestic partner is not currently registered as a dependent in Workday, you will need to add them. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Step 3: Choose your plan
- “Digital + Workshops” (formerly known as Meetings) or
- “Digital” (formerly known as OnlinePlus)
Step 4: Create your account.
- If you are an existing WW member, select the link “Already have an account? Go to login” or call WW at 866-237-6032 for assistance with switching your current membership to the special pricing.
- If you are choosing the Digital + Workshop offering, select any meeting location and purchase your Monthly Pass. You will be able to use it at any meeting location on campus or in the community.
Step 5: Enter your payment information (credit card or PayPal)
Step 6: Review and submit your order to complete your registration
(Digital + Workshop members: Once you select your program option and register, you will receive an email confirmation that includes your “virtual” monthly pass. You can also access it on the Weight Watcher website )
If you need technical assistance, call WW Member Service at 866-204-2885
(Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM, Saturday, 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
If you do not have access to a computer, please contact email@example.com
Is my information confidential?
Yes. Yale receives information about weight loss in aggregate numbers only and will not receive any individual or personally identifiable weight loss information.