Free online meditation resources in response to coronavirus:
- Calm : fee-based, Yale Advantage members receive 57% off annual subscription fee.
- Headspace : fee-based, free trial period
- Insight Timer : free or by donation, meditation, yoga, live sits and talks.
- Smiling Mind : free and paid options, practices for kids and schools, adults, work and home.
- MyLife Stop.Breathe.Think : free and paid options, for kids and educators.
- Breathe2Relax; free from the National Center for Telehealth and Technology.
*Please note, Yale does not cover the cost of fee-based meditation apps.
Benson, H. (1975) The Relaxation Response
Brewer, J. (2017) The Craving Mind: From Cigarettes to Smartphones to Love – Why We Get Hooked and How We Can Break Bad Habits (using mindfulness)
Gunaratana, B. (2011) Mindfulness in Plain English
Kabat-Zinn, J. (1994) Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life, Full Catastrophe Living (1990), Coming to Our Senses (2005), Mindfulness for Beginners (2006), and many others.
Naht Hanh, T. (1990) Peace is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life, The Art of Communicating (2013), How to Sit (2014) and many other books.
Sovik, R. (2007) Moving Inward: The Journey to Meditation