Interested in offering a department wellness calendar to promote simple strategies for well-being and team building?
Before meeting with the Being Well at Yale team to discuss specifics, here are a few things to consider:
- Why would a wellness calendar be of value to your department?
- Who and how will the calendar be shared and promoted within the department?
- How will you measure the impact of your calendar?
- How many may be attending and what location(s) are available to hold the events?
The Being Well at Yale team will help build your calendar which generally includes a variety of daily wellness-inspired actions and activities and one to three workshops or events, depending on the number of employees and building locations.
Workshop and Event examples:
Stress Reduction Workshops through Being Well at Yale or Magellan
- The department books the room and Being Well coordinates the speaker and registration.
- Magellan speakers are coordinated through WorkLife
- Program is offered at Art Plus Studio, 1207 Chapel St. Being Well will connect you with the studio to coordinate the day and time.
- Department provides the leafy greens, dressing, plates, utensils and spa water (optional)
- Attendees each bring a fresh, washed and chopped or unopened topping to share
- Being Well will connect you with the vendor, and the department is responsible for coordinating the location and schedule.
*Fees apply. Consider applying for a Wellness Scholarship to help offset some of the costs.
Once the calendar is completed and shared with the department:
- Promote it!
- Encourage staff to register for programs. Being Well will provide registration updates as the date draws near, if applicable
- Submit any invoices for payment to Being Well, if applicable (this may be done directly from vendor)
- Provide feedback from participants and any measured impact.
Read about Yale Medicine Administration’s wellness calendar experience by clicking here.
To request a wellness calendar for your department, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 436-8270.